Personalizing Marketo email to SFDC Contact vs SFDC Lead

Anonymous
Not applicable

Personalizing Marketo email to SFDC Contact vs SFDC Lead

I am trying to add the SFDC Account Owner's phone number to a Marketo email going out to SFDC Contacts. As a reminder, an SFDC Contact by definition is assigned to an SFDC Account, which in turn has an account owner. 

But our Marketo instance only shows fields for Account Owner firstName, lastName and email.  Does anyone have experience with the configuration changes required on the SFDC and Marketo sides to enable the above scenario?
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Personalizing Marketo email to SFDC Contact vs SFDC Lead

Yes, for whatever reason, Account Owner Phone Number is not an available token. We created a work around where we created a field called "Owner Phone" and we just use a rule to grab the number from Account Owner Phone field in Salesforce. Now we can personalize emails with each account/contact owner's phone number using the new field.

Our Salesforce Admin was able to do this quickly and easily. I think it's the only way to accomplish this.
Conor_Fitzpatri
Level 6

Hi Lyndon,

Do your Contact Owners match the Account Owners? If so, you can just use the Lead Owner Phone Number token.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you to both Kara and Conor for your responses! Both POV's very helpful!

Just FYI, MKTO Support clarified for me that the MKTO Lead Owner information fields (name, email, phone, tiitle, etc) apply to both SFDC Leads and SFDC Contacts within the MKTO lead database. With that realization, I understood Conor's suggestion.

In our situation, Account and Contact owners were mismatched only when assignments were outdated. We updated our SFDC instance to assign the SFDC Account Owner to all associated SFDC Contacts. With that data cleanup, we could then simply use MKTO lead owner information to personalize emails to both SFDC Leads and SFDC Contacts.