SOLVED

Personalized URLs in emails

Go to solution
Oleg_Leus
Level 1

Personalized URLs in emails

Hi everybody,

I looking for an opportunity to use Personilized URLs for single email company (not for Landing page). In my case I need to put UserID in the link and after the company to export this list in external resource.

Is any possibility to make it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Personalized URLs in emails

{{Lead.Id}}

(No need to tag me on an ongoing thread!)

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

What’s the benefit of including a PURL in an email when the link is already trackable (and you can mask the url with whatever text you want). PURLs are mainly useful for direct mail campaigns to provide a simple URL to enter.

Oleg_Leus
Level 1

I want make the survey where they don't need to enter their personal data in the survery tool. In another system we simply compare their PURL and their survey results to detect a person.

SanfordWhiteman

OK, let's not use the term "Personalized URL" here as it's going to be very confusing for anyone who comes upon this thread later and thinks this has something to do with Marketo pURLs.

If you want to include a "UserID" then choose a guaranteed-unique Marketo field (could be the Lead ID or the Marketo Unique Code) and include the corresponding {{lead.token}} in the URL.

Oleg_Leus
Level 1

Sanford Whiteman​​, I just checked user account in the Marketo and didn't find any LeadID in the personal card of user but in the URL of my browser I can see it (example: .../loadLeadDetail?leadId=11111). I didn't find {{lead.token}} or any token {{lead. ...}} which will identify the LeadId in the Marketo. Exactly this LeadID of Marketo I need to put in the URL.

SanfordWhiteman

{{Lead.Id}}

(No need to tag me on an ongoing thread!)

Oleg_Leus
Level 1

I used the field "token" in the Marketo and there wasn't {{lead.id}} as the tip. Thank you again!