Re: Pausing leads in engagement programs

Cassie_Holmes
Level 2

Pausing leads in engagement programs

So, I'll try and keep this simple. We only want a lead to be in one engagement cycle at any given time to avoid them receiving too much content.

When a salesperson adds a lead to an engagement program, I want that lead to be removed from any other engagement program that they are in.

I've read on the forum that removing them with the flow step "Change program status > Not in program" will delete any historial reporting data from that particular campaign, which we'd like to avoid. Therefore I assume "pausing" the lead is our best bet.

When I tried this, though, even if a lead was not a member of another campaign the flow would add them to the campaign, simply so it could pause them in it. While this isn't a huge problem, as they wouldn't receive any content in that campaign, it does seem very messy.

Is there a better way to do this?
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Kim_Allen
Level 10

Have you tried adding conditions yet? If you click on the "+" in the top right of the flow step you could say something like "if member of engagement program is TRUE, then pause" & "if not true, do nothing"?
Edward_Masson
Level 10

Pausing is the only way I'm aware of at the moment, it does sound messy when read aloud, but I guess its all part of the lead not every recieving the same content again.
Cassie_Holmes
Level 2

Hi Kim - yes I've been using the conditions, but even when "member of engagement program" is not "true", Marketo seems to add the lead to the program so that it is "true" in order to then pause it!

Edward - yeah I think you're right. Unless you don't mind losing the historical data, pausing seems to be the only way.