Passing the System.date value within the same field.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Passing the System.date value within the same field.

I have about 4-6 custom fields we want to create but we want to be able to date stamp each of them individually instead of having to create an extra 4-6 fields for the date stamp for each one and having 8-12 fields in total, is there a possibility to pass the date stamp within the same field once the person fills that field out.

Example: Do you sell online? Yes/No, the moment someone fills that out on a form, can we have it dated, within the same field itself, or do I have to create a separate field to stamp it.

Can we use a formula field or anything else that would stamp it along with the value.

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Passing the System.date value within the same field.

Well, you could certainly set the value to <field value> (<datestamp>) using the Forms 2.0 JavaScript API. So final results would look like:

Yes (10/20/2015)

Of course if you do this you must always use the generic Text field type -- rather than Date or Yes/No (boolean) type fields -- because you're no longer using a specific, known type.  Still, it sounds like it would get the job done, if that's what you want. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Passing the System.date value within the same field.

Thanks Sanford, I am going to try that and then post here whether it works well or not.