Passing or not passing a field from marketo to Salesforce

Anonymous
Not applicable

Passing or not passing a field from marketo to Salesforce

Hi. As I add new Lead and Contact fields, I would like to make sure the marketo sync doesn't get turned away, as I would like to add some validation to ensure the user makes a picklist selection.

1. Is there any way I can specifically tell which fields are being syc'd?
  2. Also, is the easy answer (I'm hoping) that I just don't have to sync these fields? (These are custom fields).

If 2, that would be great!

However, if not and i  must pass the new fields, I'm just seeking guidance on how to cement this in.

Thank you for any of your thoughts!

jz

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Passing or not passing a field from marketo to Salesforce

(Don't see an edit;-)

Think I found it. Field Mapping is all I'd need to do or not do; is this correct?

If you can chime in, I'll be looking at this. Any input is appreciated.

thx.

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Passing or not passing a field from marketo to Salesforce

Can you be a bit clearer? I'm not sure what you mean. It seems your question is in several parts:

• Yes, to see fields in the system, go to Admin > Field Management. You will also have to look at the SFDC Marketo User to see what they have permission to.
  • Picklists - Marketo doesn't necessarily care what your SFDC picklist values are. It will show them in the filter, but to display the correct picklist to the Lead on the Landing Page, you need to define the values on the Form > Select > Values.
  • Sync New Fields in SFDC to Marketo - this is done automatically, however, you should make sure Lead fields are mapped to Contact at all times (unless you have a great reason not to)...you don't want to end up with orphaned fields.