SOLVED

Partition Change Priority

Go to solution
Danny_Tran5
Level 3

Partition Change Priority

Hi everyone,

We're currently using one partition in our Marketo instance that separates b2b and b2c records. We treat the two types of records very differently and so our lead lifecycle applies to one and not the other. There are key activities that move records from b2c partition to b2b, which at that point we'd like the lifecycle and other operational processes to take effect on the record. My question is, would there be a race condition where the change of partition might happen after processes in the lifecycle are triggered?

I looked in this document, How Campaign Processing Works but didn't see anything about partition changes. Any insight is appreciated.

Thanks,

Danny T.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Floyd_Alvares2
Level 8

Re: Partition Change Priority

Hi Danny,

Happy to help.

If you are happy with my response, I would appreciate it if you mark it correct.

Thanks

Floyd

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Floyd_Alvares2
Level 8

Hi Danny,

If the lifecycle campaign does not have access to the data, it will not pick up the record. So yes in this situation, there may potentially be a race condition - again depends on your filters.

You could run a specific smart campaign that adds the records to the lifecycle campaign based on the "Lead Partition Changes trigger" when have changed from B2C to B2B  to ensure that these records are in your lifecycle program.

Hope this helps

Thanks

Floyd

Danny_Tran5
Level 3

Hi Floyd - Thanks for the insight. I really appreciate it. I like your idea of pushing them into the lifecycle on partition change.

Floyd_Alvares2
Level 8

Hi Danny,

Happy to help.

If you are happy with my response, I would appreciate it if you mark it correct.

Thanks

Floyd