Output an email as a PDF document

Randall_Tam
Level 2

Output an email as a PDF document

Hi,

Do you know if Marketo has a way to produce an email as a PDF?  Currently we send out tons of certificates and what this process to be automated within Marketo.  For example when someone qualifies for a certificate Marketo would automatically generate the PDF and send it to them in an email.

Thoughts?

Randall

13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Output an email as a PDF document

I had this predicament a few years ago. Then came to the realization that nobody actually needed a PDF certificate.

Depending on how legit-looking you need your certificates to look, I used to just have a certificate email template. I used to work for an edtech company and the teachers needed some proof of professional development hours. These seemed to be sufficient for US high schools and universities. (Note, we were not issuing these as actual CEUs).

I used border lines to outline the certificate, some decorative images in the corners to make it look certificate-like, and some official sounding verbiage, and tokens with Name, Topic, Duration, Date.

So think if you actually need a PDF certificate, or just need something that proves attendance. Email might be sufficient.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

This is identical to another question from a couple of weeks ago. Was that also you?

The answer, anyway, is no. But certainly there are a plethora of PDF generation sites/software that you can use.

I also like Ray's take on this.

Randall_Tam
Level 2

Nope not me

SanfordWhiteman

P.S. Consider having the cert be a. Marketo LP. Then pass the LP URL to a PDF generating service. Should be really simple.

Randall_Tam
Level 2

Thanks for that suggestion, I will look into that one.

SanfordWhiteman

Randall, I just wrote up this method on my blog: http://blog.teknkl.com/use-marketo-lps-as-pdf-templates-with/

It literally took < 30s for me to hook this up. 

Randall_Tam
Level 2

Thank you for your help.

Randall_Tam
Level 2

Hi Sanford,

Does this work only with lead tokens or can I use local tokens?

Thanks,

Randall

SanfordWhiteman

Any tokens that work in the LP will work in The PDF version.