SOLVED

Re: Order of columns in export spreadsheet that is not matching the view

Go to solution
Cecile_Maindron
Level 10

Order of columns in export spreadsheet that is not matching the view

Hi,

I'm exporting a series of smart lists, all with the exact same customized view. 9/10 the order of columns matchs and 1/10 it doesn't. I re-export spreadsheet and this is fine. Have you also noticed that? This drives me crazy!

Cécile
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

There isn't a preferences setting that controls the default.  I'm surpprised that regular CSV rearranges your column order.  You may want to open a case with tech support.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

The only thing that I've noticed is that the SFDC ID and SFDC Campaign columns are always the last columns in the exported list regardless of where they appear in the view.
Cecile_Maindron
Level 10

I have noticed that my columns are listed by alphabetical order, instead of the order on my screen. Could it be related to a setting in my account?

Cécile @ Talend
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just exported visible columns in CSV format and they exported in the same order they were displayed (except a formula field and the Marketo SFDC ID field were at the end).  If you export "All Columns", then the fields are exported in alphabetical order.
Cecile_Maindron
Level 10

I have re-tried again and I think I have found solution : I need to export under .csv (windows 2007). Is there a way to select this by default (instead of regular .csv)?

Anonymous
Not applicable

There isn't a preferences setting that controls the default.  I'm surpprised that regular CSV rearranges your column order.  You may want to open a case with tech support.
Cecile_Maindron
Level 10

will do!