Re: Optimizing landing pages for use in LinkedIn posts

Anonymous
Not applicable

Optimizing landing pages for use in LinkedIn posts

Hey there,

I was trying to share a Marketo-hosted landing page to promote an upcoming event (registration page). I can see that it pulled in the description text that I'd input under landing page options, but the image and headline were pulled from almost the bottom of the page. Does anyone know if there's a way to optimize these types of pages to make them a little more friendly for LinkedIn?

2 REPLIES 2
Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

LinkedIn is pretty finicky about these things, and pulls from a certain set of OG tags.  You'll need to add a particular set to the landing page to get it to render properly.  Look at the "Improve content sharing with Open Graph" section on this page for examples.  Be careful as well about sharing prematurely.  LinkedIn caches these items really aggressively, so even input the URL to share and previewing can make these parameters stick for up to a week in my experience.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Reg. the LinkedIn caching: I was getting increasingly frustrated the first time I tried to optimize title, description and images for sharing on LinkedIn because my changes never showed up in LinkedIn, until I figured it was probably because of caching. Changing the URL gives you a blank slate.