opportunity sync to salesforce

Anonymous
Not applicable

opportunity sync to salesforce

Hello,

Can anyone please tell me in detail about how to make sure that Marketo can view opportunities in SFDC?  Our SFDC IT team recently completed a major data model restructure and data migration.  Some change  that they made during the sync broke our ability to see opportunities.

I know that opportuinities need to be related to contacts in order for Marketo to see them.  Our new model is using contact role and relating the opportunity to the contact through the account.  I don't know if it will work this way, but you guys tell me!

I also went in to SFDC through the sync user and confirmed that the sync user can view, edit and create opps.

IT loathes to change anything unless I can tell them very very specifically what they should change and why it's different than what they currently set up.  Any specifics would be very helpful here about how opps and contacts should be related.  Additionally if there are any critical fields that should be exposed  to the opportunity sync user, would also be a huge help.

Thanks a bunch!

-Jamie
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: opportunity sync to salesforce

Hi Jamie,
as far as I know Marketo automatically syncs Opportunities when the contact is set in the Contact Role section inside the Opportunity details in Salesforce.
But it's hard to say what is wrong when we don't know what your team changed.

Best regards

Steffen
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Steffen is correct.

It's important that you enforce the use of Contact Role because without that, Marketo won't match an Opp to a Lead. Without this connect, you will have zero ROI data - which will make your CMO unhappy because Marketo sold him/her on the ability to view the lead funnel properly.

Usually what I ask the SFDC Admin to do is remove the Opp button from Accounts. The only visible way to add an Opp is:
-Contact Record button
-On Conversion

Marketo can only Read Opps.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks All,

So it turns out that they created a custom contact role object and are not using the standard SFDC object.  Will a custom object work as long as it's connecting the contact and the opp? 

When I go into SFDC, I see that most but not all Opps have a contact associated with although it's apparently through a nonstandard objects. I literally see 0 opportunities in Marketo right now even though some opps in SFDC have contacts associated with them.  Is it merely having the contact role required on the opp that makes it work?

Best,
-Jamie

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Jamie,
It will not work with the standard integration. Maybe it could work when they modify the integration.

Best regards

Steffen