SOLVED

Re: Opinion: best way to "pause" a campaign with members in wait step

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Opinion: best way to "pause" a campaign with members in wait step

I have a series of standard marketo programs set up such that after members complete the steps in the first campaign, they will request for the next campaign and wait for 7 days before the steps in the 2nd campaign are executed.

We add people to the first campaign periodically so there will be people in different steps of the different campaigns at any one time.

We forsee that we may have to pause the campaigns in order to send them some other more urgent materials and would like them to resume where they left off after the urgent material has been sent.

I saw that deactivating a campaign does not stop people who're already in a wait step from completing the entire flow in the campaign; it just stops new people from entering the trigger campaign.

Would changing the wait step to a specific date instead of number of days be a good solution? If not, what other options are there? The important thing is that I am seeing to pause the campaign and resume where I left off.
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can use these programs in the stream in an engagement program.  So you can continue to track at the program level for each email being sent, but also take advantage of the features that the engagement program offers.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

You should look at the engagement program as an option to achieve this.  It has a feature where you can pause/resume people, or even turn off the entire program.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Cheryl.

I've not used an engagement program yet so just wanted to clarify. Does it allow us to report which lead has opened, clicked, converted on each email in each stream if we use an engagement program?

We currently have each email in the campaign sitting in its own standard marketo program in order to have this level of information and it is important for us to know this.
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can use these programs in the stream in an engagement program.  So you can continue to track at the program level for each email being sent, but also take advantage of the features that the engagement program offers.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks!