SOLVED

Operational Text Email - Pictures Showing

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Operational Text Email - Pictures Showing

I have a drip campaign set up that consists of 4 operational emails. We made them operationail because we want it to look like they are coming directly from the salespersons email.

We have been doing this in SFDC, but the process is very manual- the sales people have been hitting send on the email every few days. Marketo just makes the process 10 times easier.

All of the emails I have set up are basic text emails, however, when I send a test of the email, there is an error message that says pictures are not being shown- while there are no pictures in the emails.

I wanted to see if there was something in the code that I can change to make sure that email clients do not see the pictures- I just want the email to be standard text.

Any suggestions you can provide will be super helpful! Thanks!
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Operational Text Email - Pictures Showing

Dominique,

The "picture" is the Marketo tracking pixel, which is used to determine whether or not the email was opened. If you want to get around that, you need to send as Text Only, and you won't get open information.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Seems like this is an error message generated by the email client. Since this is on the client side it is user controlled.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dominique,

The "picture" is the Marketo tracking pixel, which is used to determine whether or not the email was opened. If you want to get around that, you need to send as Text Only, and you won't get open information.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Jason! I actually found this out right before you responded:-)