SOLVED

Re: Open Rates

Go to solution
Lauren_Galietti
Level 3

Open Rates

I send email messages to prospects in various industries and have been noticing pretty big differences in open rates across industries. For example, my open rates for higher education are much higher than K12.

I can think of a few reasons for this and I haven't yet run a controlled experiement but I am curious if anyone else has seen differences in open rates across industries.

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Lauren-
Our open rate definitely changes per industry, but also stage of the sales cycle & country of origin. I think this is normal.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Lauren,

Email deliverability and open rates can vary for a number of reasons (time of day, day of week, subject lines, and more...). We also market our product to different industry verticles. I've noticed a big difference in open rates across verticles when we mention an existing customer within that verticle, or even that industry verticle in the subject line or pre-header text.

I'd suggest running some controlled campaigns to really understand the difference across your verticles. For those that under-perform you should run additional tests to optimize for open-rate. Could be something as simple as including the industry verticle or the lead's first name in the subject line.

At the end of the day email marketing is all about testing, optimizing and repeating. Keep it up!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Lauren-
Our open rate definitely changes per industry, but also stage of the sales cycle & country of origin. I think this is normal.