Open House Content Based on Date

Anonymous
Not applicable

Open House Content Based on Date

Hi Marketo Users!

I have an issue that I just can't seem to noodle out this morning.

We have a series of emails that will go out, all the same content, only the date, location and time changes for the events. These are pre-planned a year in advance for our campuses. Is there a way that I can just build out a template and then insert the "block" based on the date of the event? Probably not saying that the right way, but here is what I have in mind:

1. Basic invite template.
2. Snippets for event details, all built out in advance for the year.
3. Schedule the email to go out on Jan 1 for the Jan 20th Open House - pulls in the Jan 20 OH information; Schedule the email to go out on Feb 1 for the Feb 20th Open House - pulls in the Feb 20 OH information....

But I want it to be a "set it and forget" type of scenario, and I am just having a brain lapse this morning.

Thanks for any input.

Kirk
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Open House Content Based on Date

Kirk > If it was me, I'd build a single month's event into a Program. I'd make everything that changed a token. Tokens for dates, locations, etc. Once it is perfect, clone that first program into all the subsequent ones. Change out a few tokens and you're done.

This will let you compare & contrast results of each event, how many attended per location, etc. It will also be easier to proof read or double check as compared to over engineering a segmentation based solution. It isn't that there aren't other ways to do this same thing, I think this is just the easiest & fastest. 
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

You can use My Tokens in the Program to do this. I would probably use several different Programs. So you create the first one with all the tokens. Then clone it and replace the token values with the next open house info.

Then schedule them all.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, for the help. Coming out of the ET environment, I have to admit that it was a lot easier at times to do some stuff there. I could build out script in the email that would look at the send date, and then look at a lookup table for the proper information to insert.

Maybe I can hack something together and get the same end result.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've used Email Script tokens in past programs, and I was able to achive something similar to what you describe. You need to be willing to do a little Velocity coding, but it's well worth the initial time investment so you can set it and forget it With Velocity, you can build arrays, if then statements, etc., all within your emails.

Worth a shot to look into it!

https://community.marketo.com/MarketoArticle?id=kA050000000LB9MCAW