Re: One salesforce campaign not syncing (the rest are)

Anonymous
Not applicable

One salesforce campaign not syncing (the rest are)

Hi guys,

Hopefully you can help me out.

1) I created an event in Marketo and tied it to event-partner GoToWebinar.

2) I created a campaign in Salesforce which I was planning on syncing with the event (have done this before a couple of times).

3) My salesforce campaign doesn't show up in the list of campaigns that I can sync with! And I left it overnight to give it time to populate and it's still not there (and the latest sync update is basically every minute). Surprisingly, though, all of my other possible SFDC campaigns are showing up as options, but not the new one I just created.

Any ideas why it's not showing up? How can I make it sync? Any other solutions or workarounds here?

Thanks!

Andrew

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Andrew Seidman​ are you still having an issue with this?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Nope, we figured it out. Thanks!

Andrew

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Andrew,

Andrew Seidman​ How did you fix this. I have the same issue...

Thanks,

Victor

Anonymous
Not applicable

You have to make sure the campaign is active in SFDC (our campaign didn't have "active" clicked")

Just easier to create campaigns in Marketo going forward

Andrew

Anonymous
Not applicable

The campaign is active.

In the current setup, our marketo user has zero WRITE access for SFDC. Do you think that could be the reason? Does marketo need write access to sfdc campaign in order to sync?

Thanks,

Victor

Raul_Cano2
Level 3

Victor, you might also check and ensure that the statuses match in the Marketo program(s) and SFDC campaign.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone! Just for the record in case others have the same issue, here is what i found:

• For the new campaigns the Active flag helped.
  • For the existing campaigns, that were created before sync has been enabled, Marketo could not see the campaign until i granted View All in SFDC to the sync user. After the sync started, the view all can be revoked.