Re: One landing page for multiple downloads

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

@Charlie L I think what @Dan Stevens is saying is if the Thank You page isn't a Marketo LP, then the segmentation couldn't work, because an outside page wouldn't have any knowledge of the seg logic.

I do feel like we are missing some vital information about @June D's setup. 

If she can already pass stuff like the filename in the URL, she may just need CSS, not code per se:

Thank You 1 Thank You 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for all your thoughts.  The form would either be embedded on the website or a Marketo Landing page.  Either would then link to a marketo landing page that would allow the user to download the asset - so the name of the asset and the URL to the download would need to change depending on which asset had been requested.   I am looking for the easiest way without involving coding - so what I am thinking is either create a tokenised template which is easy to create in each programme or add the user to a segment on submitting a form so I can deliver the right dynamic content based on the segment?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there, curious how this worked out for you as I have a similar requirement to your original post.  Would love to know the details of the approach.  Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable

We would like to do something very similar to this. The request is to have a landing page with multiiple checkboxes for different assets, then the one thank you page would be populated with a list of URLs based on the checkbox selection.

Is there a way to do this with minimal code?
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Charlie, I haven't seen that segmentation method before, that's neat. 

Does it use the URL parameters to force the lead into a particular segment? Does that override the smart list conditions defined inside the segmentation itself, or do you just leave these blank? 

@Sanford, can you explain how you did that with only CSS? Also very neat 🙂 

@David, That is an interesting challenge because you could have combinations of assets needing to be displayed based on the checkboxes selected on the previous page. 

I suppose the segmentation method Charlie described could in theory work for this, but you would need to create a segment for every possible combination of assets. For example, if you had 5 assets to choose from (and the lead could choose any possible number including all 5) that is 31 different possible combinations. Not much fun! 

If you have a smallish number of assets it would be not too bad. But I would hope there would be a more elegant method than this, perhaps where you would append a series of show/hide values to the URL that would determine whether any individual asset is displayed. Sanford's CSS trick could perhaps work for that. 
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

@David D Depends on what's "minimal" to you. 🙂

This example is about as basic as I can imagine. However it is not scriptless, as you can see.

http://jsfiddle.net/sanford/45x2562z/show/

@Justin N Using the CSS :target pseudo-selector you can show or hide elements based on the #hash of the document.   Or rather, I should say an element as the hash, and :target, are designed to highlight/scroll-into-view exactly one element on the page.  Works in my first example because we are only interested in showing the one interesting element.  In what I built for @David D we are potentially passing multiple element identifiers in the hash, like #filename 1,filename 2,filename 3.  Thus we need some JS to extract those elements for use in CSS.  It's not much JS at all, but it may be more than a lot of people can handle without anxiety!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Sanford! That is indeed what we are looking for. I'll pass it along to someone who has less anxiety regarding JS ;).
-David
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Sanford.