ON24 Integration Fields

oaj
Level 2
Level 2

ON24 Integration Fields

Hello,

I am not sure if this is the correct place to ask this but, we have been trying to integrate ON24 for a few weeks and have been running into issues because some of our fields that have nothing to do with the Custom Object integration have apostrophes and they claim those fields are preventing the integration from working. They want us to remove all apostrophes from our fields but some are in use.

Example: Int'l Company Name

Our new concern is if this integration could be a security risk. Why is the connection having issues with fields that have nothing to do with the custom object they had us build for this integration? Could a hack on ON24s side possibly expose our data outside the Custom Object since it seems to be reading those fields as well?

Marketo support has said they also don't understand why those fields that have nothing to do with the Custom Object would be an issue for the integration. Has anyone else ran into this issue?

Thanks,

Oscar

1 REPLY 1
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: ON24 Integration Fields

That is indeed pretty disturbing. I’d hazard a guess that they’re using a totally broken (handmade?) JSON parser on the results of the describe.json endpoint (the endpoint that shows all Person fields).

I would absolutely refuse to make such a change and you’re right to push back and say the friendly name of a Marketo person field cannot be allowed to affect the integration.

EDIT: Come to think of it, it’s probably not a JSON parsing issue but a bad SQL escaping function. Same idea, you shouldn’t be subject to their bad code.