Old Program/Campaign = Delete or ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Old Program/Campaign = Delete or ?

Hi Everyone,

We have a dozen clients and many events, and we have programs/emails/campaigns for month old events that need to be archived but hidden from the Marketing Activities scroll pane so they don't accidentally send.

Is there a way to do this?

We used a different Marketing Automation provider before where we could store old emails for reference, but it appears to us that in order to save room in the Marketing Activities scroll pane we will need to delete anything old.

Is this true?

Thanks for your help,

Kyle Boerner

9 REPLIES 9
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Re: Old Program/Campaign = Delete or ?

Hey Kyle Boerner​, when you archive a program it will no longer appear in your dropdown menus to select, and can be "hidden" depending on how you decide to folder things. If you aren't already, I would suggest making assets local to your programs so that you can easily archive everything associated with a single program or campaign, and then really set up a solid architecture for your foldering so that things are archived and out of sight but you're easily able to go back to them as necessary.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Dory,

Thank you for your response.  It's not the drop down menus in smart lists, etc., that we're concerned about, it's the Marketing Activities Scroll Pane... if we never deleted/removed programs/campaign folders/emails, the scroll pane would be a mile long because we send so much.  I started archiving assets/campaigns, but in an ideal situation I would not want to see the blue file cabinet icon, which is my main concern because the scroll pane would be flooded with them.

Additional thoughts?

Thank you,

Kyle

Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

I'd make sure that there was one master Archive folder and everything lives within there. That's probably your best bet. I would strongly advise against deleting anything because Marketo allows for the archiving and inevitably you will want to go back to stuff in the future.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome Dory... by one master Archive Folder, are you referencing one Global (globe icon) master Archive Folder, or one master Archive Folder for every Globe (we use a globe for each of our clients)?  Please excuse if my Marketo terminology is the same.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Also... why can't we Archive a Program?  Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

You can. Just drag it into an Archived folder.

Jenn_DiMaria2
Level 10

What Dory Viscogliosi​ said. You can also prefix your unwanted folders with "~", which shoves them to the bottom of your folders list.

Alex_Stanton1
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

Also, make sure that all triggered campaigns have actually been deactivated and assets have been unapproved.

Anonymous
Not applicable

You may also want to consider turning on the Treasure Chest option to Collapse folders so that your archive folder is not open every time you log in. This is pretty simple but will really simplify the scrolling issue.