SOLVED

odd symbol in lead name

Go to solution
Jen_Rios
Level 2

odd symbol in lead name

Has anyone seen an odd symbol next to a lead or contact name and know what causes it? Seems to be a foreign character not supported by Marketo, but want to verify the source to prevent it from appearing in future lead records.

0EM50000000SbdJ.jpg

Thanks.
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: odd symbol in lead name

You're right, it's an invalid character. It depends mostly on where that lead came in from- it could have been an Import, API, Form Fill, or the Sync. Looking at the Lead's activitiy history would be the easiest way to find out it's original source.

I tend to see these come in most commonly from Imports, but you'd want to look to be sure.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

You're right, it's an invalid character. It depends mostly on where that lead came in from- it could have been an Import, API, Form Fill, or the Sync. Looking at the Lead's activitiy history would be the easiest way to find out it's original source.

I tend to see these come in most commonly from Imports, but you'd want to look to be sure.
Jen_Rios
Level 2

Thanks, Eric. It was a form fill, which is the odd part, I'd also expect it to be more from an import. 

I'll keep an out for any others to see if there's a trend in a certain lead source pushing these invalid characters.