Re: Nurtures send, then stop

Shelly_Wilson
Level 3

Nurtures send, then stop

Anyone else had issues with nurture campaign's starting ok and then suddenly stopping? I had a series of 4 emails in a stream with a cadence set to send twice a week. After 1st email sent, no others in stream went out. I thought it was maybe because after I started the campaign I had to amend cadence days so as not to clash with other campaigns going out. After waiting over week to make sure Marketo wasn't just being slow to report activity, I decided there must be a fault, so I sent up a new stream with same members, put the remaining emails in to it, and activated it. Again, first email has sent (April 19th), but email 2 should have sent on Tues April 24 (but doesn't appear to have), and Email 3 should be sending today. Anybody else run in to this problem? Nurture sends first email then ignores rest of active emails? Smart list = 'Member of this nurture campaign'. Flow=Change Engagement Program stream to Try2

Screen Shot 2018-04-26 at 11.25.50.png

Screen Shot 2018-04-26 at 11.25.59.png

Screen Shot 2018-04-26 at 11.26.12.png

Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

What are your Commmunication Limits?

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Yep, usual suspect

Shelly_Wilson
Level 3

The campaign pushing people in to nurture is set as 'Each person can run through flow once'/'Ignore limit'

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Shelly,

the "ignore limit" applies only to emails sent by the smart campaign, not to the streams.

Look into the activity log of one of the persons who was supposed to receive a EP email and did not, you shoujld see the communication limit warning.

-Greg

Shelly_Wilson
Level 3

There's nothing in Activity detail about limit being reached: our limit is 2 per day/5 max per week. I see member who successfully went into Try 2 Stream; was sent, received, and opened the 3 Uni Factsheet email; and then looks like she got bumped back to a Product Tour stream (I'm guessing based on transition rules that I'd set up for initial streams but that that were also unintentionally impacting Try2 stream). But I'd deactivated all content in the Product Tour stream. I guess that doesn't matter?

Screen Shot 2018-04-26 at 16.20.22.png

Screen Shot 2018-04-26 at 16.20.06.png

In a different nurture that was supposed to fire off Email 2 today at 4pm lead's local time, I noticed that it says next cast is in 6 days (this cadence is set to sent once per week each Thurs). The 6 days seemed weird. Next Thurs is 7 days away...so I double checked cadence settings.
––First cast Thurs 19 April

––Send each Thurs at 4pm local time

––Next cast in six days

––Next casts=May 2nd, May 9th, May 16th (which are all Wednesdays, not Thursdays)

what the heck? First issue with transition rules seems to be user error/my fault..but what is this?

Screen Shot 2018-04-26 at 16.15.17.png

Screen Shot 2018-04-26 at 16.15.36.png

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Weird.

Can it be that some of you recipient are located in a timezone that is more than 16 hours before you are and therefore their Thursday is you Wednesday?

Seems to be a case for support.

-Greg

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Comms Limits are defined in Admin:

pastedImage_0.png