SOLVED

Are activity types universal across all customers?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are activity types universal across all customers?

Are activity types universal across all customers for marketo ? Or every customer has their own custom activity types? If it is universal - where can I find the complete list of activity types and their Id's?

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Re: Are activity types universal across all customers?

This is right, different instances can have widely varying sets of activity types and Get Activity Types should be used as the source of truth to determine which are available in a given instance.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Aaron,

You can have some custom activities in your instance, but these are really custom, meaning not the standard ones. But marketo standard actvities (e.g. click link, send email, etc...) are standard.

You can get them thought the API : Get Activity Types » Marketo Developers

-Greg

Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

This is right, different instances can have widely varying sets of activity types and Get Activity Types should be used as the source of truth to determine which are available in a given instance.

Kevin_Keefe
Level 2

Hi,

So I am just trying to find out what exactly is being tracked with "Click Link". In our setup, we have Click Email tracked to the email link and Visit Webpage tied to web activity but I don't know what Click Link is referencing and I don't see where it says that on Get Activity.  What am I missing with this?

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Click Link is clicked links within web pages, i.e. via Munchkin. Click Email is clicked links within emails, i.e. via the branding/tracking server, not via Munchkin.

Can you open a new thread for this if you have more questions?

Kevin_Keefe
Level 2

No that's ok, I believe I understand. Thanks very much!