Nurture Tracking?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Nurture Tracking?

How is everyone tracking nurture? I can look at conversion metrics but I would really like to share with my company what is and isnt working. Anyone else doing this? How are you doing it?

ps - engagement campaigns wont work due to the limitations of the stream cadence (forced to pick a number of days to send every email? I need to schedule these a bit more strategic than every Moonday at 1pm - that's just going to look bad to our database.
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Nurture Tracking?

HI Christina! Besides convervsion metrics, it would be nice to show which nurture assets are performing the best. That way you can work more closely with product marketing to build out more pieces similar to what's doing well to reuse in other nurture campaigns. You can also show them results from A/B Testing to get them excited about what different messages, subject lines, etc are doing well. Hope this helps!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Christina,

Do you have unique SFDC campaigns tracking conversions for each of the assets in your nurture paths? If not, this is a great way to report on what's working and what's not in your nurture programs and also allows you to compare performance of these assets in nurture vs. various other channels, especially in terms of responses and pipeline contribution.

If you want to get more granular, one good way is using custom fields on the campaign level in SFDC to hone in on key variables. For example, if you wanted to track performance by content theme and type, you could create custom fields for both on your SFDC campaigns for nurture assets, and tag each campaign accordingly. Then when you go to do your reporting, you might see that nurture campaigns that influenced or created the most closed won opportunities were those related to content theme A, and those that generated the most responses were content type: eBooks.

Hope this helps!
-Gary
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gary - nurture's dont always have to have downloable assets so there is really no way to build campaigns as you suggest. I sincerely hope your nurture is not all whitepapers and items a person needs to download - oye! On another note, custom fields are really a last resort. I was told the engagement program dashboard would do a lot of what I am looking for but it doesnt seem to work (not really surprised since it is Marketo we are talking about here).

@Michelle - that is exactly what I am trying to do but have not figured out a way in Marketo to do so. gary had some good ideas but they are really not feasible or anything a modern marketer would want to be doing. 

Thanks anyways.