Re: Nurture Streams - Am I using these Incorrectly?

Nicholas_Little
Level 1

Nurture Streams - Am I using these Incorrectly?

Hi all, I've been pouring over the product documentation and how-to videos, and I'm either attempting to use a nurture stream incorrectly or I just have incorrect logic. At this point, I'm wondering if I just need to run advanced Drip campaigns or complement my Nurture Streams with smart campaigns, but that seems redundant to what the nurture stream does. 

Here is our logic:

Image from iOS (3).jpg

Essentially based on a click in Stream 1, they get a series of 3 emails  in stream 2. If they click on any email they are pushed to Stream 3, a click in Stream 3 moves them to stream 4, and then there is a final click/no click condition for the last email. 

However, when I run test streams, I never get anything past the first email - its like the test won't move me into the next stream and send emails. This also brings up another question of mine: With multiple emails in a single stream, what dictates when they are sent? Is it once every time the stream cadence comes up? (these are all set to daily, for the purpose of testing).

Below is my logic on these streams. Thanks for your help!

Screen Shot 2020-05-18 at 10.55.50 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-05-18 at 10.56.02 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-05-18 at 10.55.56 AM.png

Tags (2)
2 REPLIES 2
JD_Nelson
Level 10 - Community Advisor

are you seeing the click activity for the lead that was sent the first stream email?

Carrie_Chandle1
Level 6 - Community Advisor

There could be several factors at play here - To JD's point, have you looked at the test records to see if the click activity registered?

To answer this question....

This also brings up another question of mine: With multiple emails in a single stream, what dictates when they are sent? Is it once every time the stream cadence comes up? (these are all set to daily, for the purpose of testing).

Yes, the cadence of the stream dictates when the emails are sent within a stream. So, if you have a daily cadence set, the person would get the next email in the stream one day later.

Depending on when a person transitions between streams, there could be a gap in the daily cadence, though. For example, if all of your streams are set for 8:50am and a person receives an email on Monday from Stream 1, but doesn't click that email until Tuesday at 9:00am (thereby qualifying them for Stream 2)... they would get their 1st Stream 2 email on Wednesday.