SOLVED

Nurture Stream Cast in Local Time Zone -clarifying question

Go to solution
hlawrence
Level 2

Nurture Stream Cast in Local Time Zone -clarifying question

-Long time Lurker, First Time Poster-

In a nurture program with 3 streams that has been casting for multiple months, we have each of the streams cast at 10am Wednesday 'Recipient Time Zone'.  Our contacts span the globe.  We noticed in some contact's activity log that they have an "Email sent" at 3pm Tuesday, then "Email delivered" at 10am Wednesday, which makes sense.

I could use some clarification on what happens if I drop new content in the stream AFTER 2pm Tuesday (after the start of the cast, but before everyone's 10am). I have found documentation about the 25 hours needed for the first cast, but does that apply to all subsequent casts?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: Nurture Stream Cast in Local Time Zone -clarifying question

Congratulations on your first Marketing Nation post, @hlawrence! With the recipient time zone setting turned on, the Nurture cast starts sending emails starting the earliest time zone (UTC +14:00), and this is applicable to all the casts, not just the first cast.

If you add the content after the cast has already run and emails have started sending out, i.e., you see Send Email activity in the members’ activity log, then there's no way you can change the email/add new content at the top of the stream and make people who still haven't received the email to receive the newly updated content/email from engagement program in that cast. You'd have to wait for the next cast. One needs to be cognizant of this while using the recipient time zone in the Engagement programs.

Also, the documentation says about setting the cadence at least 25 hours prior to the send date time, so members in all time zones are able to receive the content per their local time. However, this doesn't mean that Marketo doesn't start sending emails/cast emails starting the earliest time zone for the rest of the casts. Marketo doesn't say this for other casts as you don't have to set the cadence for them. I hope this answers your question. Let us know if you have further questions.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Congratulations on your first Marketing Nation post, @hlawrence! With the recipient time zone setting turned on, the Nurture cast starts sending emails starting the earliest time zone (UTC +14:00), and this is applicable to all the casts, not just the first cast.

If you add the content after the cast has already run and emails have started sending out, i.e., you see Send Email activity in the members’ activity log, then there's no way you can change the email/add new content at the top of the stream and make people who still haven't received the email to receive the newly updated content/email from engagement program in that cast. You'd have to wait for the next cast. One needs to be cognizant of this while using the recipient time zone in the Engagement programs.

Also, the documentation says about setting the cadence at least 25 hours prior to the send date time, so members in all time zones are able to receive the content per their local time. However, this doesn't mean that Marketo doesn't start sending emails/cast emails starting the earliest time zone for the rest of the casts. Marketo doesn't say this for other casts as you don't have to set the cadence for them. I hope this answers your question. Let us know if you have further questions.

hlawrence
Level 2

Thank you.  That was the information I needed.