Re: NURTURE AUDIENCE - BEST PRACTICE

Todd_Thomas1
Level 1

NURTURE AUDIENCE - BEST PRACTICE

Hello, I'm building a Nurture campaign that will have emails going to three different groups. Listed below.

What would be the best way to begin to set up the smart campaigns, transitions and triggers?

I was thinking three different streams... for each audience. 

AUDIENCE:

Audience TypeCriteria
Nurture Group 1: Went DarkIn the campaign: Nurture Leads - Opt In Implied
AND with nurture reason: No Contact, Not Interested
Nurture Group 2: Aware but not EducatedIn the campaign: Nurture Leads - Opt In Implied
AND with nurture reason: Bad Timing, No Budget, Not Accepting New Patients
Nurture Group 3: Demo Booked but Never Occurred

In the campaign: Nurture Close Lost - Opt In Implied
AND with the nurture reason:
Demo Canceled, Unresponsive

DETAILS:

Enter nurture campaign when:
Contact Status changes to Nurture
Lead Status changes to Nurture
7 day timeframe has passed
Exit nurture campaign when:
Demo is scheduled
Opportunity is created
Request demo form is filled
Rep changes status to qualified
3 REPLIES 3
Jay_Jiang
Level 10

A very open ended and broad question. 

Customer lifecycle marketing 101. It's good you've got nurtures for different purposes, now map these out with relation to your revenue cycle model. Understand the transition paths and the criteria for transitions (what triggers or manual status changes are needed). You may find your requirements become more clear after doing this exercise.

It could also make more sense to have separate nurture programs for each instead of streams.

Todd_Thomas1
Level 1

Hi Jay - 

Apologies for the confusion...we will actually target one audience at the moment. 

Engagement series (for non-active leads audience)

- Not engaged: If someone does not engage, continue to send email communications over a series of weeks until they are exhausted: I would like to send out a series of emails based on the defined audience (inactives for example).

Engaged: (ACTIVITY included)

- Lead visits landing page

- Lead downloads whitepaper

- Lead visits .com

- Lead fills out any form Registers for weekly webinar Clicks/Download content piece in email

THEN, SEND ALERT

Not engaged: If someone does not engage, continue to send email communications over a series of weeks until they are exhausted.

And then based on behavior...I assume I would create an additional stream based on activity criteria and then transition them to another stream. Please let me know if this makes sense. I think a solid template and organizing the emails would be a great help.

I think as a starting point, do you think the template below would be a good way to start.

Each Topic (Email) will have its own series of smart campaigns and live in its own program.

Is the template below a solid template to work off of?  

Thanks again!

(template below)

Screen Shot 2019-09-09 at 3.45.15 PM.png

Jay_Jiang
Level 10

There's certainly nothing wrong with how you've created your template.

But, do keep simplicity and scalability in mind. Is there a reason you need to use nested programs? as you scale you will burden yourself with a lot of smart campaign and excess asset "debt".

Also, regarding transitions to streams, if the nurture is for a different stage of your RCM, it may make sense to create a different engagement program for it just to keep things easy to find.