SOLVED

Re: Number of active triggers?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Number of active triggers?

Hey everyone,

I'm trying to get a sense of how many active triggers other Marketo users are using. I understand every instance and business are unique in their own way and this is a very broad question. Currently my database has a total of 526,671 leads with 1,305 active campaigns. I believe our number of active campaigns is pretty high which is significantly slowing down our instance. Additionally, is there a known number of active campaigns known to directly affect the performance of Marketo? Any insight of quick number of active campaigns would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

-Mike

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are those all trigger campaigns? Yes, that's kind of a lot for your volume of leads. You should look at whether you really need to run all of those as trigger campaigns - whether some of them could be run as batch campaigns - or whether you could consolidate some that are triggering off the same activity.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are those all trigger campaigns? Yes, that's kind of a lot for your volume of leads. You should look at whether you really need to run all of those as trigger campaigns - whether some of them could be run as batch campaigns - or whether you could consolidate some that are triggering off the same activity.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the insight, Kristen!

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

We have only 100,000 leads, yet have over 1,200 programs consisting of a variety/number of smart campaigns (many are trigger campaigns).  This is primarily due to the fact that we have 23 country workspaces and many of the same programs are replicated across every workspace.  We have recently taken a more efficient approach for some of our programs - specifically those that focus on website activity (filling out a gated content form, downloading content) - in that we're building these as single programs in our global workspace, rather than replicated across every workspace (to align to each country website).  While the triggers/filters will be more complex to track all qualified behaviors, this will significantly reduce the number of programs and triggered smart campaigns in our environment.

Julz_James
Level 10

We have a database of approx 360,000 leads and have around 600 active campaigns, of which I'll be cutting around about 25% of these down due to old programs etc.

I tend to find a larger database and more complex list searches slow down my system a lot.  The smart campaigns don't have a massive effect on our instance speed.

Scott_McKeighe2
Level 5

We keep trigger-based campaigns in our system to a bare minimum, as we have approx. ~3m known leads. This has forced us to get creative with how we construct our programs via batch campaigns, since unchecked trigger campaigns slow an instance our size to a crawl.

If you're experiencing latency, my recommendation would echo what Kristen Carmean​ suggested, which is to consolidate what you can and look into creating batch campaigns that accomplish the same goal.

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Also consider centralizing campaigns that clean data and score and handle syncing to SFDC. Those should almost never live at the Program level.