Re: Notification when GTW sync breaks

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Amber - you should not have to update your password every week.  IF there is an API error from someone registering for a past event, that will self correct itself.
Amber_Hobson
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

Any ideas what causes it then? Or should I submit a support ticket the next time that it happens?
Anonymous
Not applicable

When a lead registers and an event is over, GTW sends us an API response that is an error b/c they could not register the lead.  This is designed behavior.  You don't need to do anything when this error occurs.  
Trish_Voskovitc
Level 5

is there a function on events so that after event is over people can't register or we an set some test that gets added to top a few minutes into event time>  or do we have to remember to go into landing page and put a big notice saying "sorry, event is over"

we don't always remember to do this so we get people registering who go to SFDC as registrants but technically they didn't as event was over

also if someone registers after event has started we see them in marketo and SFDC but don't synch to GTW

Amber_Hobson
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

OK, but what I"m saying is that it isn't fixing itself. The only way that it fixes is if I then go into admin and type in my GTW login again. I understand that it is sending you an API response, but then I don't get a correction back allowing the next registration to go through for a legitimate event.
Anonymous
Not applicable

If that is the case, then please open up a ticket with Support b/c this should not be happening.