Not sure why this happens

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure why this happens

So, I uploaded a list to our Lead Data base we want to use to send an email.  The original list had 612 contacts, when I uploaded the list, the list only contains 608 contacts.  When I use the list in a smart campaign, it says it will send to 609 leads with 67 leads blocked.  Im not understanding these numbers.  Can anyone help?
Tags (1)
8 REPLIES 8
Edward_Masson
Level 10

Re: Not sure why this happens

was your list deduped before you uplaoded?
Marketo will dedup on list import.

The blocked is already known to marketo database and was tagged at some point to be unsubscribed, email invalid, marketing suspended etc.
Anonymous
Not applicable

The only strange part is the 608 and 609. What would explain that?
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree completely with Edward. As far as the 608, 609 discrepancy, are you using any other filters or simply "Member of List"?
Anonymous
Not applicable

I see the extra contact now.  I am a little confused still on sending to 609 but 67 leads are blocked from mailings, that is more than the list I uploaded.
Edward_Masson
Level 10

If you can, share some screenshots maybe we will be able to put our collective heads together for you.
Anonymous
Not applicable

The 67 is within the 609 who qualified, not in addition to. So if you were to send the email, it would only be sent to 542 Leads. You can also click the 69 excluded to see the list. You can create a view that includes Unsubscribed, Marketing Suspended, and Email Invalid to see why those 67 are being excluded.

Similarly, if you were to add the filters for Unsubscribed, Marketing Suspended, and Email Invalid in your smart list for your campaign and set them all to false, your schedulle tab should say 542 qualify with 0 excluded.
Edward_Masson
Level 10

@Erin
Check out this article for more insight:
https://community.marketo.com/MarketoArticle?id=kA050000000Kyu9CAC
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jeff.  Thanks, that actually clarifies a lot for me.  Thanks for the help guys.  Really appreciate it.