Re: Not allowed to clone program

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not allowed to clone program

Hi,
I want to clone program into other partition,but
 there is error message pup up to suspend clone process, it said the assets are in use or used by other assets. Also we checked the asset that list in error message, it is only using in this program that we want to clone.

Can anyone have idea about it?

Thanks 
Tags (1)
14 REPLIES 14
Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Are you sure you're not referencing local smart lists that live outside of the program?
Josh_Hill13

Is it using a template that is not shared across Workspaces?
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am also getting an error when trying to clone a program to a different workspace. The error message says "The following assets are in use or used by other assets:" and then it lists the name of the program that I am trying to clone. I have tried removing the program name from all of the smart campaigns within my program and I still cannot clone the program to a different workspace. Has anyone experienced this, and if so what was the resolution?
Dan_Stevens_

I just experienced this yesterday as well.  In the past, Marketo would provide the specific smart campaigns or assets/emails that were causing the issue.  Now it's just providing the full EP name.  By chance, do you have any transition rules defined in any of your streams?  Marketo Support is saying this is the culprit.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dan,

I'm not sure what you mean by transition rules and streams. The program I am trying to clone is a default program. I removed all references to the program name in the smart campaigns I have built within my program. It seems to me that I was able to clone to workspaces previously, but now I am seeing this error and I'm not sure why.

Dan_Stevens_

I was checking to see if you were using multiple streams - and inlcuded transition rules to pull leads from one stream to another.  If you only have one stream (and no transition rules), then there is clearly another issue here.  I can confirm that after removing the transition rules, I was able to clone the EP successfully to another workspace.

0EM50000000T5BM.png
Jamye_Breidenba
Level 3

My team has been seeing this issue a lot as well. We have a Central team who creates standalone programs and shares them with our regional workspaces to localize and deploy. These are basic programs with no campaigns or transitions... just assets inside a program. The design theme of the assets is custom so we drop the code into blank templates, which the other regions have as a template. One way that seemed to work a couple of times was to export the program from the Central workspace and import into the regional workspaces. That process doesn't work anymore and we have had an open ticket with Marketo support for over 2 weeks to understand why it's such a hassle now. I remember when cloning programs from workspaces was as simple as dropping it into a folder and moving that between workspaces. Things were so easy back then...

If anyone comes up with an idea on how we could fix our problem, let me know!
Dan_Stevens_

Yeah, it does seem that there have been a variety of issues with the cloning of programs across workspaces ever since Marketo allowed programs to be cloned across workspaces.  I think we always have an active ticket open with Support that's cloning-related.

BTW, you can still clone/move to other workspaces using the old approach (clone to a local folder and then move that folder to the desired workspace.
Jamye_Breidenba
Level 3

Oh! I didn't know that. I'll give it a shot today. Thanks Dan!! 🙂