SOLVED

Not able to (re)authorize LinkedIn integration - current or new one

Go to solution
Kristof
Level 4

Not able to (re)authorize LinkedIn integration - current or new one

Hi!

We are not able to re-authorize our current LI integration or to authorize a new LI integration in Marketo. Please see screens attached. Even though we have a valid account user on LI that has access to all LI Business Accounts and has Lead Gen Form Manager Permissions, it shows that the user is undefined, and then when we want to (re)authorize and click "Next" we always see the attached error page from the LI end saying that "the application is disabled"... Has anyone experienced it? What would be the cause here? I know LI is upgrading their marketing APIs, but I don't think this is an actual cause. Please help 🙏

li1-ser-undefined.png

li2-app-disabled.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kristof
Level 4

Re: Not able to (re)authorize LinkedIn integration - current or new one

Hi All,

we just received the below reply from Marketo team and the integration is now restored. The integration user is now visible in the LinkedIn LaunchPoint service in Marketo and we were able to (re)authenticate the connection. 

Message from our Marketo ticket below:

It looks like this issue was caused from an upgrade in LinkedIn's API's, but Engineering team did contacted them and fixed it.

CSO State: The CSO has been suspended to allow further troubleshooting and to contact Linkedin partners until 2024-05-16 at 16:30 after which a new update will be sent.

Customer experience: A subset of Adobe Marketo global customers are having issues with the Linkedin integration. Due to this when attempting to integrate with LinkedIn, users encounter an error message displaying "Application is disabled," alongside their LinkedIn account being labeled as "Undefined." Despite confirming that the service is not expired, a notification arises, indicating "LinkedIn Lead Gen Authorization Error." All efforts to reauthorize result in the same error message, "Application is disabled."

Potential workaround: To address this issue, re-authenticating any LinkedIn service such as Lead Gen or Matched Audiences will prompt the integration to adopt new API versions. This action necessitates reauthentication for each LinkedIn Lead Gen service instance to ensure smooth operation.

Would you mind trying to re-authenticate all LinkedIn services and let me know if you are able to authenticate successfully?

Hope it helps.

Thanks
Kris

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Cbarker12051
Level 1

Same issue here, not found a fix yet

Cbarker12051
Level 1

Marketo Support have since responded with the below

"I appreciate you bringing this issue to our attention. This is a known issue that has been reported by multiple customers. We have already informed our internal Engineering team, and they are working to resolve it as a priority.

I will keep you updated on our progress"

Kristof
Level 4

Thank you so much @Cbarker12051, please keep us posted once you have any news!

ggerla
Level 4

I've tested it out right now and it seems back to working, I've finalized the authentication and connected it.
BeaHof
Level 1

Same issue here. 

ggerla
Level 4

Same problem here, I've opened a ticket a few hours ago.

Not a real response yet.

Brice_Dunwoodie
Level 4

We are encountering the same problem. We also filed a ticket. Would be lovely if Adobe would actually comment on this thread — save us all time...

Kristof
Level 4

Totally, I have my ticket opened as well. Let's see. There should be released an official announcement on this actually...

Kristof
Level 4

Hi All,

we just received the below reply from Marketo team and the integration is now restored. The integration user is now visible in the LinkedIn LaunchPoint service in Marketo and we were able to (re)authenticate the connection. 

Message from our Marketo ticket below:

It looks like this issue was caused from an upgrade in LinkedIn's API's, but Engineering team did contacted them and fixed it.

CSO State: The CSO has been suspended to allow further troubleshooting and to contact Linkedin partners until 2024-05-16 at 16:30 after which a new update will be sent.

Customer experience: A subset of Adobe Marketo global customers are having issues with the Linkedin integration. Due to this when attempting to integrate with LinkedIn, users encounter an error message displaying "Application is disabled," alongside their LinkedIn account being labeled as "Undefined." Despite confirming that the service is not expired, a notification arises, indicating "LinkedIn Lead Gen Authorization Error." All efforts to reauthorize result in the same error message, "Application is disabled."

Potential workaround: To address this issue, re-authenticating any LinkedIn service such as Lead Gen or Matched Audiences will prompt the integration to adopt new API versions. This action necessitates reauthentication for each LinkedIn Lead Gen service instance to ensure smooth operation.

Would you mind trying to re-authenticate all LinkedIn services and let me know if you are able to authenticate successfully?

Hope it helps.

Thanks
Kris