SOLVED

New Release: does change of time zone affect already scheduled campaigns?

Go to solution
Cecile_Maindron
Level 10

New Release: does change of time zone affect already scheduled campaigns?

Hi,

Let's say I have scheduled in the past some campaigns to go out next week with PDT time zone (time zone of my company).
Now thanks to the new release, I can change the by default time zone to CET (as I'm based in Paris).

Does that mean that all campaigns scheduled at 1:30 AM PDT (10:30 AM CET) will go out at 1:30 AM CET?
or will the dates automatically switch to 10:30 AM CET?
or will those campaigns not be affected by time zone change?

Cécile @ Talend
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cecile_Maindron
Level 10

Re: New Release: does change of time zone affect already scheduled campaigns?

ok so I have run a test. If you scheduled in the past your campaign at 1:30 AM PDT and you switched to CET, the campaign will go out at 10:30 AM CET. so no stress! 🙂

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

My understanding is the personal time zone is just to show you the actual time so you can read it better as a human...and has nothing to do with the System Time.

So those campaigns will go out as you originally scheduled them.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Cecile and Josh,

As far as I know the time zone change does affect the system.  I have a number of international clients who were very excited about this. I would need to check with product management, but I would think that if you scheduled something in pacific time in the past, and you changed your system to be on central time, the email will go out in central time.  You should be able to check in the program, the time zone should be listed in the scheduling section.
Cecile_Maindron
Level 10

ok so I have run a test. If you scheduled in the past your campaign at 1:30 AM PDT and you switched to CET, the campaign will go out at 10:30 AM CET. so no stress! 🙂