SOLVED

New Member Email Program

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

New Member Email Program

Hi everyone - I have been doing a lot of research, and I wanted to ask what you think is the best solution.

Our  internal CRM system is in the process of being integrated with Marketo. For now, I manually upload/ update our list of members. I want to send all new members (newly registered) a set of 4  training emails. They will include steps and videos to set up their account.

I'm wondering the best way to set this up in Marketo, turning it on, and never have to touch it again.

Would I use an ongoing smart campaign with triggers "was added to list"  and "if sent Email 1 send Email 2" . Should I build an engagement program (I would need to do more research since i am still new)?

I am not sure what would be the easiest. Please let me know what you think!

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Julz_James
Level 10

Re: New Member Email Program

Hi,

OK, so if your leads in Marketo are the members, then I would just create 1 stream with the 4 email in it, and then set up a smart campaign that adds all new members to the top of the engagement program. You wouldn't need to add the programs as you are putting people in the top of the email and they will filter down after each cast is sent.  So the trigger of 'If sent email 1, send email 2' is redundant as the engagement program will only move them on once they've had email 1 if that makes sense?

Thanks

Juli

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Julz_James
Level 10

Hi,

First question is how do you upload or add your 'members' are the people in Marketo only members?  Or are members segmented in a certain way?

Once you answer that question I would probably suggest to create an engagement program and have a smart campaign that triggers off 'added to list' or 'added to smart list' or 'lead was created' (dependent on how you add the new members to Marketo), and then just pop them into the top the engagement stream and they'll flow through on a regular basis and all you should need to do is just keep adding your new members in the manner you do now.

Hope this helps?

Juli

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Juli - Our people in Marketo are only members- we have 1 list that is updated weekly. They are not segmented at this time. but we might break it out by territory in the future.

To clarify, I would add 4 different programs into the stream. each program would have a smart campaign and email associated. The 1st smart campaign would say if "added to list" send "email 1". then have the second program send one week later with trigger "if sent email 1" send email 2

is this what you would recommend building out?

Anonymous
Not applicable

or would I create a smart campaign that adds new members into the engagement program?

Julz_James
Level 10

Hi,

OK, so if your leads in Marketo are the members, then I would just create 1 stream with the 4 email in it, and then set up a smart campaign that adds all new members to the top of the engagement program. You wouldn't need to add the programs as you are putting people in the top of the email and they will filter down after each cast is sent.  So the trigger of 'If sent email 1, send email 2' is redundant as the engagement program will only move them on once they've had email 1 if that makes sense?

Thanks

Juli

Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks so much! I will give it a try!

Julz_James
Level 10

No problem, hope I helped 🙂