New Lead or Contact created in SFDC delay in token population

Anonymous
Not applicable

New Lead or Contact created in SFDC delay in token population

Can I ask if anyone has come across this situation :

When a New lead or Contact is created in SFDC.  Sales people add them directly to a sales campaign.
We use this token in most campaigns. Currently we are seeing issues that the token is not populating in the campaign emails.

1. Is there a time delay we need to factor in when a new lead is created in SFDC
2. Or does this have got to do with the sync delays between Marketo & SFDC
3. What is the best practice

How can this be solve and any tips on testing this issue

thanks in advance.
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Edward_Masson
Level 10

Re: New Lead or Contact created in SFDC delay in token population

Where exactly is the token being used in the email? Subject line? Body content of the email.

I know that the contents of a token used in an email subject line will not render in Marketo Sales Insight.Marketo is aware of it but are not ready to spend time to fix it.
Anonymous
Not applicable

The tokens are used in both subject line and body.
Richard_Wasylyn
Level 4 - Champion Alumni

I'm having the same issue right now. I've set up a sales alert and in the body of the email we are dropping the SFDC ID into the URL so reps can link directly to the record in SFDC. I'm finding that when the record sync's the sales alert campaign send the email and isn't able to place the token.

Should I be putting a 5-10 min wait before the alert gets delivered?
Richard Wasylynchuk
Edward_Masson
Level 10

Depending on your set up regarding SFDC. There is going to be a delay as Marketo works its way through your SFDC API objects. This can take anywhere from a few minutes to hours, then it starts up again 5 minutes later. If you have a lot of data and or other systems connecting to and updating SFDC, can all cause the marketo/SFDC sync to slow.

Bamah,
  • What is the content in the token? Language characters mixed with default text can sometime cause an issue.
  • Are you using a Trigger over Batch? How quickly do you need that lead to be in the new campaign?
Try batching up your leads being sent from sales overnight, a reschedualing smart campaign to come on every day to process new leads from sales.

Richard,
  • Are you also using a Trigger?
  • How is your set up regarding syncing leads to SFDC from Marketo? is it as soon as they are created in Marketo.
You say you drop the SFDC ID in the email, this is stamped by SFDC, the lead needs to be in SFDC first before this field can be populated. If your sending a alert email with lead details you must use this system token: {{SP_Send_Alert_Info}} more info here on this token: https://community.marketo.com/MarketoArticle?id=kA050000000LADCCA4 

This great little token will give the rep a link to the record in Marketo and SFDC.