SOLVED

Re: New Lead Activity - Meaning of primaryAttributeValueId when Source Type=List import?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

New Lead Activity - Meaning of primaryAttributeValueId when Source Type=List import?

What does the 'primaryAttributeValueId' value map to on new lead activities (ActivityType=12) when the 'Source Type' is 'List import'?  I have seen cases where this value either matches the value in 'leadId' or it is different.  For example, if I import a list from a CSV file, the value of 'leadId' and 'primaryAttributeValueId' are the same.  However there are other cases that we have seen where these values are different.  Under what situations is this the case and what does the value in 'primaryAttributeValueId' mean when it is different than 'leadId'?

Here is an example:

{

"id": 5839728,

"leadId": 512336,

"activityDate": "2016-10-01T16:22:19Z",

"activityTypeId": 12,

"primaryAttributeValueId": 379523,

"attributes": [{

"name": "Created Date",

"value": "2016-10-01"

},

{

"name": "List Name",

"value": "Archive 2016 Campaign.2016Forums.1096-Event"

},

{

"name": "Source Type",

"value": "List import"

}]

}

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New Lead Activity - Meaning of primaryAttributeValueId when Source Type=List import?

Hi Geoffrey Osborne

I checked sample 30000 new lead activities in my Marketo and i got it.

When the lead was merged, "primaryAttributeValueId" is previous lead ID.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Geoffrey Osborne

I checked sample 30000 new lead activities in my Marketo and i got it.

When the lead was merged, "primaryAttributeValueId" is previous lead ID.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Takehiro, thanks for the response.  It must have been in this case that the lead was imported using a list and was later merged causing the primaryAttributeValidId to be different (as you mentioned the previous lead ID), which makes sense.  It's not clear in the documentation as to what these cases are (at least not that I can find), so thanks again for your help.