SOLVED

New Email Program Question

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

New Email Program Question

My goal is to track user engagement with my email content that goes out.  I would do this by using a smartlist with triggers "Clicks Email" and "Opens Email", which are some best practices for old email campaigns.  

In the flow step, I then use the "Change Program Status" filter to say  Email Blast > Sent or Email Blast > Clicked or openned, so that the activity for each lead will appear in their activity log.

My issue is that with the new Email program, there does not seem to be a flow step as there was with in the old program.  When creating a new smartlist underneath the new email program the "Change Program Status" Filter doesn't allow me to enter the filters above.  Instead, they only offer three options for statuses: Email Send: Engaged/ member/ or not in program, and when I try and change them to the ones above, it says they are invalid for this new email program.  

My questions is, what do these new statuses mean and will they affect the email campaign? Are the old ways of tracking user activity even necessary anymore with this new email program?

My worry is that there will be no connection between the raw data for clicks/opens and the individual leads who opened and clicked the email.

Sorry for the long winded question. Any one else experience this?
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New Email Program Question

You will need admin access and then click on Tags. Then select Email Send and edit it.

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Daniel,

The old way of tracking is not necesary any longer.  We have added an "engagement score" to the email dashboard that will give you informaiton as to how well the email and its content is performing.  

Keep in mind that you can customize the channel and its statuses as well. We shipped with just the two statuses:  member and engaged, but you can edit and add statuses.

Thanks,
Cheryl
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! That makes sense.  How do you edit and add statuses.  I am unsure of how to get to those options.  
Anonymous
Not applicable

You will need admin access and then click on Tags. Then select Email Send and edit it.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks again!
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do you get the campaign to change the status to show who Opened or Clicked in the email?  Right now, all of my leads are tagged as either "Member" or "Engaged"

If I still need to manually set up progression smart campaigns for email blasts to track basic results, why should I even bother with Email Campaigns?
Anonymous
Not applicable

You do not need to track the opens and clicks as program statuses. There is a nice dashboard that provides all these details.
Anonymous
Not applicable

How does this affect our sync to SFDC, are our salespeople still going to be able to see if a link was clicked on a link within an email or if an email was opened?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Sherice,

If you need to pass this information into SFDC via a Campaign, then you can still use Program Statuses to capture this.  You will need to create those statuses in the channel via Admin.  Hope this helps.

Cheryl
Anthony_Pica
Level 4

We like how the Marketo program channel name gets pushed the the Salesforce campaign field of Type. For example, we have a channel called "New App Release" which gets synced to the Type field in Salesforce, and we use that field to report on and exclude it from Campaign Influence.

We also like seeing Sent, Delivered, Opened, Clicked, Unsubscribed, etc as campaign member statuses in Salesforce.

My question is...

Would it be okay to create a new channel in Marketo called "New App Release Announcement", apply it to "Email", and then add some custom program statuses? Would this provide us the best of both worlds -- (a) the new Email program dashboard and metrics in Marketo, and (b) the ability to see a custom Type in Salesforce and also have custom custom campaign member status? No issues or conflicts?

0EM50000000RMkZ.jpg