I sent an email out earlier this week using the new email program. It was real slick using it. However, when I tried to look at leads who have clicked the link in that particular email the smart list doesn't generate any leads. In the email performance report I see the number of leads who have opened and clinking the link. I woudl really like to see who those leads are. I've been able to create a smart lists to see which leads have clicked the link. What I've been doing is using the filter "clicked link in email" any email in the past so many days (number of days since I sent the email) then I have to look at each lead under activity log and see if they were even sent the email. Ideally I would like to add the part so i can ask, show me everyone who clicked a link this particular email like it has worked with every other email i've sent outside of the new program.
I opened a case and it coudn't be figured out and was told to create a duscussion for community members to like so the feature can be added.
The interface is cool (a little buggy with the graphics, see screenshot) and it does make a/b testing way easier. There are some huge issues though.
When I use the email program, the activity does not get logged as it normally would. For example, link stats within email preview do not populate. A smart list indicating "was sent email" returns no recipients, even though the email did go out, and traffic was generated. If I had set up a triggered campaign based on "clicks link in email" the trigger would not fire.
I hope this program gets some emergency patches in the next release.
This is an issue. Hopefully it will be fixed soon. The system seems to be adding information about the email at the end of the name. for example if I send and email named MyEmail with a subject line test it would record the activity as "MyEmail.Subject Line Test"
I've had some luck using smart list filters with CONTAINS instead of IS
Clicked Link in email > Email: CONTAINS MyEmail
I can't say how reliable this is but it seems to get the information I need for now.
I just tried contains and starts with but it still returned nothing. I think I may have renamed the email at some point, so there could be a disconnect there. Maybe it kept the old name for the test variants? No idea.
Have any of you received error messages when approving the program? I'm able to set up a new program pretty easily and complete all the steps, but when I approve the program I receive numerous system error messages which results in my setup being wiped out and I have to start over again.
I have yet to send an email from the new program. My fall back procedure has been using smart campaigns.
Hi Jamye - yes, I got the same message and wipe-out twice. Very frustrating.
Also, a nested email program is generating all sorts of weird names for me. See image below.
The first and second emails belong to separate nested email programs within a main program. The main program is called "01-30-14 CCO Webinar" and the nested email programs are called "3 CCO Webinar Email Campaign 1" and "3 CCO Webinar Email Campaign 2." I don't even know how to understand where those names came from...
The second email (also a nested email program) just decided to take on some random number in the name. What's going on?
Finally, email programs are reporting suspiciously good deliverability. Smart campaign bounce rate = 6%; email program bounce rate = 0.01%. Seems like too big of a difference.
I think right now the email programs are great for one-off emails you want to send out, but definitely don't nest them in larger programs. I'm sticking to smart campaign until email programs are more reliable.
I've encountered several issues as well (including all the above).
Just today, I clicked on "New Local Asset > Report" and the window just hangs with the spinning circle.
When looking at the dashboard, I noticed that there's a discrepancy of +1,000 for "Emails Delivered" ("emails sent" was around 5,000) than what's indicated in the Email Performance report.
We had pretty poor performance (14% opens; .2% clicks) but yet it received an engagement score of 20! I think Marketo is giving way too much weight to email opens (which is such an unreliable metric in terms of engagement).
We're sticking to the traditional way of sending out emails.