SOLVED

New Contacts Not Importing into Marketo’s Linked Custom Object

Go to solution
Ebenezer
Level 1

New Contacts Not Importing into Marketo’s Linked Custom Object

Hi

I’ve created a custom object linked to the email address field, with the employee ID serving as the dedupe field. However, when I import the Excel list into the custom object, only existing contacts in Marketo are being created, while new leads aren’t appearing as records.

Is there a way to import these new contacts into the custom object linked field to the email address? Additionally, I need to ensure that a new contact is created in Marketo if it doesn’t already exist.

I appreciate your support in achieving this. Also, is there a way to view or export all records of the custom object from Marketo?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: New Contacts Not Importing into Marketo’s Linked Custom Object

A CO import cannot create new leads.

If you’re upserting COs that potentially relate to leads that do not yet exist, you must either

(1) upsert all the leads first (perhaps only setting the Email Address for new people)

or

(2) check the exceptions from the CO import, create the missing leads, and upsert the exceptions

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman

A CO import cannot create new leads.

If you’re upserting COs that potentially relate to leads that do not yet exist, you must either

(1) upsert all the leads first (perhaps only setting the Email Address for new people)

or

(2) check the exceptions from the CO import, create the missing leads, and upsert the exceptions

SanfordWhiteman

@Ebenezer please return to your thread and check replies.

Ebenezer
Level 1

Thank you for your insightful suggestion on this topic.