SOLVED

Re: Nesting Webinar Program Inside Engagement Program

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nesting Webinar Program Inside Engagement Program

I have on onboarding engagement program set up, but during this, we host monthly webinars that I'd like all members of the engagement program to be be aware of and receive the webinar invite / confirmation email / reminder email / and follow up email.

I've successfully added the webinar program to the nurture stream (the first outbound campaign being to send the webinar invitation), but I want to know if Marketo will recognize that there is anther smart campaign in there (part of the webinar program) that will be sent (webinar reminder) to everyone in the Nurture/Webinar program who haven't registered for the webinar yet. (Program Status does not equal webinar registered).

Will it send the other smart campaigns on the schedule I have set up in the nurture program, or should I schedule the 2nd outbound campaign through the webinar program, and those that are part of the engagement program will be added to it?

Let me know if I need to clarify. Any help would be appreciated!

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Jackie,
I would suggest to put keep the invitation campaign in the engagement stream as you currently have (make sure you change their program status to Invited in the same campaign).

As for the reminder email, set up a smart campaign that has the filters: Member of Program with the constraint "Status is Webinar --> Invited" and Was sent invitaiton email. This will catch everyone who was sent the email but has not yet registered. You shuold keep this campaign outside of the engagement program.

Best,
Will

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Jackie,
I would suggest to put keep the invitation campaign in the engagement stream as you currently have (make sure you change their program status to Invited in the same campaign).

As for the reminder email, set up a smart campaign that has the filters: Member of Program with the constraint "Status is Webinar --> Invited" and Was sent invitaiton email. This will catch everyone who was sent the email but has not yet registered. You shuold keep this campaign outside of the engagement program.

Best,
Will
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Will,
Thanks for your response!

So as I'm understanding you correctly, the way I have my nurture stream set up now is fine. I have the outbound campaign for the webinar invitation in the nurture stream (with limited availability) that will send an email to everyone in the nurture campaign.

Within the webinar program itself, I have smart campaigns set up to change program status to "invited" once the email has been sent out, and "registered" once anyone has filled out the registration form for the webinar. This email is scheduled within the nurture campaign.

The second smart campaign within the webinar program is to send to anyone who does not = "registered" but were "invited." Should I schedule this smart campaign within the webinar program (on the schedule tab), and it will send to everyone in my nurture program that was originally invited but not registered? So this will send inbetween my nurture casts?

Thanks!
Jackie
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Jackie,
Yes. For a campaign outside of the engagement program, it will run independently from the casts. Since you are jsut filtering off of "was sent email" and "program status", the engagement program will not affect it at all.

Will
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks a lot Will! I appreciate it.