Re: Need help with advanced filters in smart list

Anonymous
Not applicable

Need help with advanced filters in smart list

We need to send out an email campaign.  I need help with advanced filters. What I want to achieve is: I need the adudience to be member of the list, member of the smart list referenced, but I do not want to send to anyone that has unsubscribed in these two filters mentioned.

Can someone advise on the advanced filter logic?    Also, should unsubscribe be set to true or false?

The way I have it set up right now, it’s not giving me any leads. 

pastedImage_3.png

7 REPLIES 7
Chirag_Agarwal1
Level 2

You probably don't need the 4th filter or Advance Filter for this matter. Leave 1, 2 & 3 as it is and change to "Use ALL Filters". If there are people who are present in BOTH the List & Smart List and have not unsubscribed, these filters would pull them.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Chiarg,

actually, I do need the 4th filter. The email addresses are for people that are not in "member of smart list" and "member of list".

thanks,

Niti

Chirag_Agarwal1
Level 2

In that case, your advance filter logic would be:

((1 and 2) or 4)) and 3

Make sure to change Unsubscribe to TRUE FALSE

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, your recommendation actually didn't work.

I also moved the smart logic filters around and adjusted the logic a bit. This is still not working. See below. Still not working.

pastedImage_1.png

Chirag_Agarwal1
Level 2

I am seeing ((1 and 2) or 3)) and 4 in your screenshot while I suggested having ((1 and 2) or 4)) and 3 as the filter logic.

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

The advanced logic should look like this:

(1 and 2 and 3) or 4

And your Unsubscribe value should be FALSE.  "True" means they're unsubscribed and shouldn't receive any non-operational email.

If the members of the list and smart list are mutually independent - and either group can receive the email, you would use:

((1 or 2) and 3) or 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! that's helpful.