Need clarification of lead data when using the Email Program

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Need clarification of lead data when using the Email Program

Earlier this week, we sent out an initial email outreach using a distribution consisting of 4,791 leads.  When I defined the audience in the smart list, I suppressed those 4,791 leads against specific email domains consisting of specific accounts that we cannot market to directly.  Based on that smart list, Marketo blocked 407 leads:

0EM50000000RY5E.jpg

QUESTIONS:
  • Are the leads the number AFTER the blocked leads have been removed?  
  • Why doesn't this number coincide with the 4,791 leads in our targeted list?

Once the program executed (which included an A/B test against 10% of the list.  According to the testing dashboard, 446 emails were delivered.  According to the main dashboard, 4,696 were sent, 440 bounced and 4,483 delivered.

QUESTIONS:
  • If 4,696 were sent and 440 bounced, shouldn't the delivered number be 4,256?
  • Does the main dashboard include all of the activity/responses from the test dashboard as well?
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need clarification of lead data when using the Email Program

Hi Dan, 
I'll try to answer everything for you
  1. No, that top number is the total number of leads based on the list parameters you defined in the set up of the campaign. 
  2. Why 4696 instead of 4791? My guess is that there are some duplicates from leads already in your database or there were duplicates within the list itself. When you uploaded the list, did you check the results? 
  3. That bounced number probably included soft bounces that were eventually delivered.
  4. As far as I know, yes it does.

Dan_Stevens_

Thanks Chris.  But if the 4,696 is based on the list parameters that I defined in the smart list (taking into consideration the 407 suppressed leads), that total should have been, AT THE MOST, 4,384 (4,791 - 407).  Something's not right.
Dan_Stevens_

Chris - after doing some further research into this, your first statement many not be accurate.  According to the help documentation, "This "blocked" number is a subset of the leads that qualified and represents people that cannot be sent this email".  But if that's the case, then why were 4,696 emails sent?  It should have been 4,256.  I'm wondering if there is a bug in the Email Program and that it's disregarding the blocked emails.

0EM50000000RYFC.jpg