Need a work-around to collect leads from unbounce to Marketo

Anonymous
Not applicable

Need a work-around to collect leads from unbounce to Marketo

Hi there,

We are currently on the spark subscription for Marketo which means that we cannot integrate Marketo to third party companies (that are not their partners) such as unbounce. We have our landing pages created and want to start sharing the landing page to our audiences but want to make sure that we're able to send them emails regarding confirmation, reminders, etc for our upcoming webinar.

Does anyone know of a good work-around that we could implement so that we are able to connect registrants to Marketo through unbounce?

We are also using Salesforce so if that helps with the workaround at all, I'm open to suggestions. Our webinar provider is GoToWebinar.

Thank you!

8 REPLIES 8
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Need a work-around to collect leads from unbounce to Marketo

Unbounce's integration doesn't work anyway, so you aren't missing anything.

Watch my blog as I'm finally putting up the workaround I've been using the last couple of years (and which I've taught to several Marketo users).

Anonymous
Not applicable

That's unfortunate to hear. When will you be putting up the blog? Would be interested to learn about your workaround.

SanfordWhiteman

Next few days (I pub in batches of 3-4). Or you can email me if you want and we can do a quick screenshare. It's easy, just takes a lot of screenshots, which is why I never wrote it up before.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Our integration with Unbounce seems to work fine; I wonder if that is a setup issue. That said, it wouldn't help in this situation - perhaps you could sync directly to SFDC and then map a hidden field on the form to populate a value for each specific webinar. Marketo could read this field value and you could use it as a trigger where a specific field value maps to a specific trigger within a program.

SanfordWhiteman

Our integration with Unbounce seems to work fine;

Associates Munchkin sessions?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am going to test to ensure I am not blowing smoke, but we have the munchkin code as one of the unbounce scripts and it definitely reads those pages in Marketo.

SanfordWhiteman

Open a new Incognito page and fill out the form. Then check your Activity Logs.

Anonymous
Not applicable

We just don't currently have a high enough subscription to be able to create anything custom in launch point. So I'm trying to work around this but still get communications out at a reasonable time.

I think that's what I'll do, thanks!