SOLVED

Re: Naming Convention Generator

Go to solution
chriskowalczyk9
Level 2

Naming Convention Generator

Hi All,

I'm looking to implement Naming Conventions for both Marketo Programs and Emails, which I have in place,  but I'm looking and asking to see if anyone has any idea how to create a naming generator.

What it would/could be is an excel doc where you have options to select with a checkbox or something like that and then it is able to spit out a full name.

So something like:

FY Q1 or Q2, Tactic EM or WEB, Type of Account T5 or NM, Region is NA or EMEA, etc.

Then after your selections, it would say FY21-Q2-EM-T5-EMEA... etc.

Anyone have any ideas how to create that?

Any help is appreciated!

Cheers,

Chris

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dcreagh
Level 2

I've accomplished this in two ways:

A google workbook that has multiple sheets.
Tab 1 - Program Name. Listed the components of the name and concatenated them when all were completed. The generated name is used when cloning the Marketo program template and creating the corresponding Salesforce campaign.

Tab 2 - All the token fields that populate the emails and  landing pages. The marketing folks were thrown back at first until they realized how much time savings they got from the token sheet.

Tab 3 - Campaign Meta Data Details:  Campaign Start, Campaign End, First invite out Second invite out, etc.

Tab 4 - Add to Calendar link generator. Works like Tab 1 but translates the date and times and timezone correctly

Tab 5 - Local UTM generator. Once completed they use a macro to post them to the master list of UTMs

Option 2: Ticketing Request System

I'm now at an organization that uses Microsoft products so I'm implementing the above as Sharepoint lists which can be populated from forms in Teams. It's not the same tabbed, self-contained book but it's easy enough. I could build it in Excel and then have the request ticket open the Excel workbook with the same tabs.  I haven't had time to work on this yet. I'll update you as I move forward.

Dennis

Giraffe goes where?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Floyd_Alvares2
Level 8

Not directly an answer to your question on a naming generator.

I have used program templates (with naming conventions and descriptions of what they mean). Not only does it help with the program naming, but also the assets and campaigns are structured. This has reduced the risk of incorrect naming conventions used by a large amount while not reinventing the programs every time.

Additionally, if users are trying to create a new program template, they can follow what already exists in the template

dcreagh
Level 2

I've accomplished this in two ways:

A google workbook that has multiple sheets.
Tab 1 - Program Name. Listed the components of the name and concatenated them when all were completed. The generated name is used when cloning the Marketo program template and creating the corresponding Salesforce campaign.

Tab 2 - All the token fields that populate the emails and  landing pages. The marketing folks were thrown back at first until they realized how much time savings they got from the token sheet.

Tab 3 - Campaign Meta Data Details:  Campaign Start, Campaign End, First invite out Second invite out, etc.

Tab 4 - Add to Calendar link generator. Works like Tab 1 but translates the date and times and timezone correctly

Tab 5 - Local UTM generator. Once completed they use a macro to post them to the master list of UTMs

Option 2: Ticketing Request System

I'm now at an organization that uses Microsoft products so I'm implementing the above as Sharepoint lists which can be populated from forms in Teams. It's not the same tabbed, self-contained book but it's easy enough. I could build it in Excel and then have the request ticket open the Excel workbook with the same tabs.  I haven't had time to work on this yet. I'll update you as I move forward.

Dennis

Giraffe goes where?