SOLVED

Re: Named Accounts in TAM

Go to solution
Ruchi_Lapran1
Level 4

Named Accounts in TAM

I recently came across a scenario where a client wants all their 100K accounts to be marked as named accounts so they "all" can be associated with their Account scoring mechanism. Named accounts are essentially those companies you are targeting and the TAM feature allows you to add named accounts in the following ways:

1. Discover from CRM accounts
  2. Discover Marketo companies
  3. Import a list of named accounts
  4. Create a named account

But currently, there is no feature available as of now to mark all the existing accounts as named accounts. Importing a consolidated list is a workaround but it creates certain dependencies on CRM admin for validating and mapping the accounts data at both ends.

There must be a reason why select all feature is not available as a default. Reaching out to understand if anyone faced this challenge somehow or if should we consider using all existing accounts as named accounts.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Vinay_Kumar
Level 9 - Community Advisor

A named account is one that has been identified, based on predefined metrics, such as sales revenue, location, fit with your industry, strategy, previous business relations, and many others based on the organization's requirements. 

Ideally, we should only select the potential accounts as Named accounts and I believe this is one of the reasons that the TAM product team didn't provide the Select All/Add all option. Because if this option is available then there are chances people will add all the accounts as a Named account without analyzing the account engagement/performance.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Vinay_Kumar

A named account is one that has been identified, based on predefined metrics, such as sales revenue, location, fit with your industry, strategy, previous business relations, and many others based on the organization's requirements. 

Ideally, we should only select the potential accounts as Named accounts and I believe this is one of the reasons that the TAM product team didn't provide the Select All/Add all option. Because if this option is available then there are chances people will add all the accounts as a Named account without analyzing the account engagement/performance.

Ruchi_Lapran1
Level 4

I second your thought. There can be a use case where all the accounts need to be marked as named accounts so I'm wondering if that can be enabled somehow.

Vinay_Kumar

Well, in that case, You can share your idea in the Idea section.