Attention: The Marketo Community will undergo scheduled maintenance on Tuesday, August 20th between 10-11 PM PDT. During this time, the Community and its content will not be accessible. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

My.token values for events

Anonymous
Not applicable

My.token values for events

We run different types of events, so I plan to create different Campaign folders for each type, each with their own set of my.tokens (at the  level) for each type.  

1) Am I correct that I should create these tokens there, and then when I create and clone programs within those campiagn folders I'll edit the specific token values for each event?

2) One event is region specific and some regions will have one or more "Sponsors".  I want to create a my.token called My.Sponsor, that would be rich text containing the Sponsor name(s) hyperlinked to their website.  But when I tried to leave the rich text blank or just put in a space, I got an error.  What is the best way to accomplish this

I also considered using a segmentation for these regional events, but I don't think it would work some leads should be invited to multiple regional events based on specific criteria.  
Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: My.token values for events

Hi Meagan,

You're correct on question 1. Use the My Tokens section on the program and then when you clone the program change the tokens accordingly.

For you second question...

What is the reason for leaving the field blank? If you are just leaving it as a placeholder while building a model program, I would just write something like <<Replace with Sponsor Info>>.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: My.token values for events

Thanks.  The reason is that often one or more regions is unable to come up with a sponsor in time for the event, so we need to leave it blank.

Update: last night I tested more and found that using rich text and entering a space in the HTML (&nbsp;) DID work.