SOLVED

Re: My Email When send shows 'Edit Title' in the Preview

Go to solution
Manish_Khemani1
Level 3

My Email When send shows 'Edit Title' in the Preview

Hello Marketo Ninjas out there.

This might be a very silly question - Have created an email and tried sending a sample to my self, when received the preview of the email shows [Edit Title] [Edit Header 1] after the subject.

How do i sort this? Where do I go and edit the the title and header? I am currently using the 'Legacy' Email 1.0

Regards,

Manish

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

It shouldn't have to be removed - but rather replaced with actual "header 1" text (or the ALT text of the header image).  Seems like this text remains even after adding a header image.  Since it's within the editable region of the template, you should be able to remove it at the email level when creating each email.  You might want to go back to your developer to let them know this is happening.  Our logo was the first element here when we used the 1.0 templates - and therefore was always coded with ALT text of our company name and a sentence of what we do.  This then appeared in the preheader text.  Ideally this should be different for each email since it gives an indication to the user of what's contained without opening it.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
JD_Nelson
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Sounds like it could be your preheader. Under the 'email action' item, choose 'email settings' see if that text is in the preheader box.

Dan_Stevens_

This sounds like placeholder text that's contained in your template - and it's being used as preheader text.  Can you include a screenshot of this - so we can confirm it's indeed preheader content?

Manish_Khemani1
Level 3

Edit Title Issue.pngChecked and found Email 1.0 does not have the preheader option in 'email settings'

JD_Nelson
Level 10 - Community Advisor

then it must be in your template somewhere. I've found a main culprit of this in the past has been alt tags on company logos -- look at the first thing(s) you have in your email, it's likely there somewhere -- or share you html and we can look for you.

you could always 'edit code' under "email actions" and just do a search for [Edit title] and find it that way (if it's within the html code)

Dan_Stevens_

Now open your email template.  I can almost guarantee you that the placeholder text is somewhere just after your <body> tag.

Manish_Khemani1
Level 3

Absolutely Dan, Bang On!!!

this is the code i found

<span class="mktEditable" id="header1">[Edit Header 1]</span></span>

Can the [Edit Header] be removed? Will it cause any harm to the email send?

Dan_Stevens_

It shouldn't have to be removed - but rather replaced with actual "header 1" text (or the ALT text of the header image).  Seems like this text remains even after adding a header image.  Since it's within the editable region of the template, you should be able to remove it at the email level when creating each email.  You might want to go back to your developer to let them know this is happening.  Our logo was the first element here when we used the 1.0 templates - and therefore was always coded with ALT text of our company name and a sentence of what we do.  This then appeared in the preheader text.  Ideally this should be different for each email since it gives an indication to the user of what's contained without opening it.