SOLVED

Re: Munchkin tracking for social media sharing

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Munchkin tracking for social media sharing

Hi Marketo Community,

I have a question regarding how Munchkin tracks leads who click on social media sharing buttons on your website. 

If a user say visits a page that has these buttons with the sharing functionality, will the Munchkin code be able to track this behaviour?

Alos, is the social media sharing functionality only available on landing pages, or are you able to take the code and use it on your non Marketo pages?

Thanks!

James
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

James,
Yes, we track visits to the website that has the share buttons, as well as visits that originated by a share.  You can use the filter "Clicked Share Link" to identify users who visited by following a shared link.

The share buttons can be placed on non Marketo pages as well.  https://community.marketo.com/MarketoArticle?id=kA050000000L7eACAS describes the steps involved

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

James,
Yes, we track visits to the website that has the share buttons, as well as visits that originated by a share.  You can use the filter "Clicked Share Link" to identify users who visited by following a shared link.

The share buttons can be placed on non Marketo pages as well.  https://community.marketo.com/MarketoArticle?id=kA050000000L7eACAS describes the steps involved
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi James! The link you provided no longer points to a specific page. Do you happen to know where the article is in the new Community?

Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Raj!

Just one question, does this only apply to the standard and up version for Marketo and not Spark?

Doesn't look like I can find that functionality so I think that may be the case. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

James,
The new Spark SKU has social buttons.  It is likely that you are on the original Spark, in which case you will get access to the new buttons when you renew.  If you want to access the new buttons right away, your account executive should be able to help you.  

Raj
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Raj,

When i am adding a filter for 'clicked shared link', i am confused as to what to put in the drop down box after 'social app is..'

I want to be able to track which leads have been generated from looking at a social media post? How would i go about doing this?

Kind Regards,

BC
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, that is a different use case.  Are you using a tool like Hootsuite/Viralheat to manage your social posts?  If yes, I'm sure you can get some analytics from them.  Marketo only tracks leads/visits that are the result of leads clicking a short URL generated by our social share button/apps.