munchkin code in leadpage

Anonymous
Not applicable

munchkin code in leadpage

We are using a third party tool leadpages. They allow us to create easy landing pages and forms. We have included this page on our website and added munchkin code. But we are not able to track lead referrer details in marketo.

Is there any thing else that should be done apart from including munchkin scripts in webpage?

I believed, putting muchkin script on my webpage should track lead data.
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: munchkin code in leadpage

All you need to do is include Munchkin, yes.  When running a Web Page Activity report, make sure to include Anonymous visitors on the Setup tab (I don't know if you are expecting clicks from email links, where the lead would be known, or not).
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Sanford!

I have a form from leadpages included in my website. It saves lead info (first name, last name, email etc) to marketo. That is, leadpages and marketo are integrated. However, marketo does not track original referrer values for these leads.

I assumed, if I have munchkin script on the webpage, original referrer would be tracked.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Do you see the earlier page views (from when the lead was still anonymous) attached to the lead record once s/he identifies her/himself through a form fillout? 

(Note: to test these things, you should always open Private/Incognito tabs so you don't have existing cookies.)