Multiple landing pages, 1 form, 1 alert email - how do I specify which landing page was used in the email?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Multiple landing pages, 1 form, 1 alert email - how do I specify which landing page was used in the email?

This may or may not be best practice, so I'm open to doing this a better way. But here's what I've tried....

For maintainability purposes, I want to use a single web form inside 3 different landing pages (this number could grow). Each LP has slightly different messaging depending on the context of the original link ("click here for info on product A [or B or C]"). There is a thank you page, and the smart campaign sends out an alert email to my sales team (in addition to a thank you email to lead).

The challenge is that I can't figure out a way to specity the context of the form submission in the body of the alert email. I want my sales team to know which product the lead was interested in ("this person was interested in Product A").

For maintainability/simplicity I wanted to use 1 form and 1 smart campaign, and do something dynamically to the alert email. Otherwise I could end up with 3 (or more) smart campaigns, 3 (or more) email alerts, 3 (or more) thank you emails, etc.

Can this be done? Is there a better approach?

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Re: Multiple landing pages, 1 form, 1 alert email - how do I specify which landing page was used in the email?

Hi Matthew,

If your page names are descriptive, the {{trigger.Web Page}} token would be ideal for this: https://community.marketo.com/MarketoArticle?id=kA050000000KywJCAS#fills-out-form  It will grab the Landing Page name/non-marketo URL of the page on which the form was filled out and populate that into your email.