SOLVED

Re: Multiple forms as pop-ups on landing page

Go to solution
trevlarrr
Level 3

Multiple forms as pop-ups on landing page

We are creating a landing page for one of our teams that will 'host' multiple reports they'll be creating, I know the simplest way would be to redirect to a download page for each report when they click on it but I was wondering if there's a way to have the download form appear as a pop-up instead so it keeps them on the main report page? And will this work for obviously having a different form for each report?

Also, if we already have their details and/or they have filled out their details to download a report from the page, can a subsequent form keep those details if they want to download another report?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Yes, you can use the MktoForms2.lightbox built-in feature to pop up a form (see the docs).

I wouldn’t advise using multiple forms, though. That just gives you more things to maintain and more things to break. Instead, have just one form & add the report URL/name as a hidden field to the form when it pops up.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
SanfordWhiteman

Yes, you can use the MktoForms2.lightbox built-in feature to pop up a form (see the docs).

I wouldn’t advise using multiple forms, though. That just gives you more things to maintain and more things to break. Instead, have just one form & add the report URL/name as a hidden field to the form when it pops up.

trevlarrr
Level 3

Thanks for that, so it can use the hidden field to determine which report they've clicked on and which asset to download after they submit the form?

SanfordWhiteman

Thanks for that, so it can use the hidden field to determine which report they've clicked on and which asset to download after they submit the form?

Right.

And there are different 2 ways:

1. Match the hidden field in Advanced Thank You in Form Editor to choose the asset URL

2. Put the full asset URL itself in the hidden field and then just redirect using the JS API.

trevlarrr
Level 3

Excellent, thanks for the help as always, will try that out

trevlarrr
Level 3

DELETED - realised it was my own typo that was stopping the URL redirect