Re: Multiple Filters on Send Email Choices

Anonymous
Not applicable

Multiple Filters on Send Email Choices

<Disclaimer> I tried to search for this throughout the community before posting, but I had no luck. So forgive me if this was discussed previously.

I was wondering if there is a way to add multiple filters on a flow action. Before I lose you to my confusing question, here is a scenario:

This is how a filter in a Send Email action looks like:

• Add "Send Email" action to flow;
  • Add a "Choice" to the action;
  • Set the filter to "IF lead_status IS NOT 'abcd xyz'"
  • Send Email "Email.to.send.on.abcd"

Is there a way to make it look like:

• Add "Send Email" action to flow;
  • Add a "Choice" to the action;
  • Set the filter to "IF lead_status IS NOT 'abcd xyz'"
  • AND set a new filter to "IF lead_source IS 'webinar.12'"
  • Send Email "Email.to.send.on.abcd.webinar12"

???

Thanks,

Hussam

2 REPLIES 2
Justin_Norris1
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Hussam AlMukhtar

You can only use one set of criteria in flow actions. Fortunately there are a few ways around this. The principle in all of them is that you remove the actual logic calculation from the flow step and store the criteria somewhere else that you can access with a single reference.

Depending on your use case any of these could work:

1) Build independent smart lists that contain your criteria and reference those in the flow steps

2) Build a segmentation that contains your criteria and reference the segment

3) Build two send campaigns that are mutually exclusive (i.e., a lead could ONLY ever qualify for one) and include your filter critieria in the smart lists of those campaigns. Then in a parent campaign, use a "Request Campaign" action and request both campaigns. The lead only qualifies for one and gets the correct email.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you, Justin Norris​!

I will have to keep the three options in mind for the different scenarios. I did, however, tried the first one and, in the case I described, it worked!

Best,

Hussam